Using Smart Data Collection, Analysis, Storage, Dissemination And Network Integration To Increase Efficiency In Urban Security
Safe Cities International 2015 builds on last years inaugural event to provide an exceptionally rare opportunity for 100+ Ministers, Mayors, Law Enforcement Decision Makers and industry leaders to gather from across the globe to discuss the deployment of smart, secure, integrated technologies designed to increase efficiency in urban security.
Across the globe governments, cities and emergency services are struggling to cope with the challenges faced by increases in population combined with a rise in urbanisation. With such social phenomena now meaning that 3.4 billion people live in urban environments, existing security systems, technologies and processes are stretched to the limit. This lack of situational awareness of common, expected and unexpected threats is leaving cities across the globe vulnerable to high levels of urban crime, terrorism and natural disasters.
With these challenges in mind, Cities are now actively procuring smart technologies to help with the following tasks:
- Identify, capture and collate intelligence data from a wide range of sources
- Integration of intelligence data from disparate sources and systems so information can be accessed and communicated by all agencies
- Generate a unified threat assessment and emergency response to threats/disasters in order to reduce response time and enable better coordination and planning
- Disseminate information to the frontline in usable formats to support emergency responder decision making
- Guaranteeing cyber resilience/defence for data collection, storage, and dissemination